cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right clicking causes Windows 10 File Explorer to close

Right clicking causes Windows 10 File Explorer to close

H E.
New member | Level 2

I'm on a Windows 10, Asus UX303U notebook and when I open File Explorer to find a file and then right click to copy, cut, etc. the entire window just closes. How do I fix that?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Right clicking causes Windows 10 File Explorer to close

Pirocoptero
New member | Level 2
Just fixed. Disabling smart sync and made all files local fixed the problem in both computers.

View solution in original post

20 Replies 20

Mark
Super User II
I'm not sure how this relates to Dropbox HE?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

H E.
New member | Level 2

I am searching for my files in my Dropbox. I guess it could just be a Microsoft thing? Because all of the files are in my Dropbox, I thought the problem is there. I don't know to be honest. 

H E.
New member | Level 2
Maybe that makes more sense, now that you mention it, because it only happens on this computer, not my others. Any thoughts on that?

Mark
Super User II
It sounds like its a Microsoft issue - I'd be tempted to post on there forums, especially if the crashing occurs on files outside of the Dropbox folder.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Rodrigo_Cruz
Explorer | Level 3

same problem here... any fix guys?

Jane
Dropboxer
Hey Rodrigo_Cruz, apologies for the tardy reply, are you still experiencing this issue? 

Have you been able to replicate on a different location (i.e. outside the Dropbox folder) on this device by any chance? Any detail you could send over will be very helpful. 

Thanks in advance for your time & I’ll be awaiting your next message here Rodrigo! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

levijosman
New member | Level 2

I'm experiencing this issue in dropbox only.

Jane
Dropboxer

Hey there (@levijosman), can you elaborate a bit on the issue you’re currently facing, in order to make sure I’m following-up on the right thing? Thanks in advance! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Billyjack555
Explorer | Level 3

I'm having this same issue with Dropbox with an Asus laptop.  Was there any resolution?

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Shropshire New member | Level 2
    Jane Dropboxer
    Pirocoptero New member | Level 2
    levijosman New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?