cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

SSL Inspection needed for DLP and Malware protection of data in transit

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

How can I get DLP and Malware protection of data in transit?

It is our policy to not just ringfence the enduser client but to use defence in depth to protect against malware and data loss. In order to do this we need SSL decryption so our sandbox solution can check files. Also our DLP policy requires us to inspect all egress traffic for confidential information so it can be stopped before it leaves the premisses. How can we do this if we can't decrypt the data stream at the perimeter?

We need an unpinned client.

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: SSL Inspection needed for DLP and Malware protection of data in transit

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there @jschuurman

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Form what I understand, you're trying to track traffic from and to the desktop app, is that right?

You can find more information on how Dropbox keeps your files secure here and more on our security measures in this link

If you have any further concerns though, please don't hesitate to get back to me and I'd be more than happy to assist. 

Let me know how you'd like to proceed!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi Lusil,

These links you provided did not answer any of my questions.

Could you please actually READ the question, UNDERSTAND the question and then provide me with an answer by using your KNOWLEDGE of the topic or deligate the question to someone that actually has KNOWLEDGE on the topic.

Kind regards,

Jaap.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for writing back, @jschuurman

Apologies if my answer was unsatisfactory. These are the resources available on this at the moment.

However, I do understand how important this is for you so I've made sure to follow up with a ticket to the email address connected to your Community profile to look into your request with one of our specialized members. 

Please check your inbox for my latest message and we'll take it from there. Thank you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?