cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Salesforce - Private vs. Regular Folder

Salesforce - Private vs. Regular Folder

JCChandler
Explorer | Level 4

We have the Dropbox for Salesforce integration set up and all of our DB users have two folders linked to SF, a "private one" and a non-private one which has been "shared" with everyone on the team. The problem seems to be that when a SF user uploads a file to an Account, it's visible to everyone in SF but only the uploader in DB. The DB for SF app is set to follow SF sharing but Account is set up as public read/write, hence I would expect files uploaded to all accounts to go into the non-private folder where everyone can access it. Is it possible to eliminate the "private" folder and get everything under the non-private one accessible to everyone on the team? Thanks! 

7 Replies 7

Re: Salesforce - Private vs. Regular Folder

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi there @JCChandler; welcome to our Community!

Can you please clarify if you've followed these steps upon setting this up in the first place? 

If you did, can you share an example of what's not working for you so we can advise further? 

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

JCChandler
Explorer | Level 4

It was honesty set up before my time here but it does appear to have been done following those steps. The problem is that a Salesforce user uploads a document via the DB widget in Salesforce, which all Salesforce users can see in that app, however only the user who uploaded the file can see it in Dropbox. None of the other Dropbox users can find the file in their Dropbox folders. And as I mentioned, the Salesforce app is set to follow sharing rules, which is public read/write for Account.

Walter
Dropboxer

Are those Dropbox users you mentioned part of the same Dropbox for Teams account @JCChandler

Could you also confirm that the steps outlined in the 3rd step here were followed during the initial setup?

In the meantime, you can also have a look here in case it helps. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

JCChandler
Explorer | Level 4

So since I didn't do the initial setup and they haven't really started using it yet, we decided to uninstall and reinstall the plugin in Salesforce. We are now running into a problem at step 4 of the second set of steps in the installation link provided. It tries to redirect to dropbox.com but it's just a blank window, for both dropbox admins who have tried. If they go back to Salesforce it does how as connected but there's no way to link the team since they have a business account with dropbox. This is all insanely frustrating.

Walter
Dropboxer

In that case, I'd suggest having those admins contact our support team directly for further guidance on this @JCChandler.

Let me know if there's anything else I can assist with in the meantime. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

JCChandler
Explorer | Level 4

Is there a way for them to log a ticket directly? That support link only provides a community search and a chatbot, at least that I can see.

Daphne
Dropboxer

The support options would depend on the account's plan @JCChandler.

They can check that page when signed into their Dropbox account to see if they have other Support options. Hope that helps!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?