cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save to camera roll doesn’t work anymore

Save to camera roll doesn’t work anymore

OliviaM
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I updated and suddenly began having an issue. I normally scroll my dropbox files on the iPhone Dropbox app, saving specific photos to my camera roll, either by pressing on them until “save to camera roll” shows, or by exporting and saving to camera roll. Suddenly, since updating, both of these actions lead only to a light gray/white blank file in the camera roll- just a grayed our square with no image. I updated again, but it is still happening.. I can not find a workaround, I can find no way to save from the Dropbox app into my camera roll. Any help would be much appreciated ...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

KENAXION
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

My work around was pulling up the website on my phone. I've got it handled now. Thank you both for you assistance. 

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hello @OliviaM, let's see what we can find on this. 

Could you go to one of your files, click the ellipsis button that appears next to it, and select export?

If the option doesn't come up, could you tap on share and try saving it locally that way?

Give it a go and let me know of any updates, thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

OliviaM
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you for your help!

Both of those fixes would have halped, had my images not been in dng format! Once I realized this, I re-imported them to dropbox as jpegs, I was able to save to camera roll!

Thank you SO much for your quick assistance!

KENAXION
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hello,

I have the Dropbox app on my iPhone X, I also use Dropbox on my PC - within the last several days I no longer have the option to export nor save images to my camera roll on my phone, or save them in general to my phone. I saw a similar post was made but the OP did not reply to the Dropbox rep, so I'm asking the same question and providing additional info. 

My iPhone does not have a pending update, and my Dropbox app is also current. When I select the option to save to my camera roll I receive a response of "Couldn't communicate with a helper application." I'm also attaching the relevant screenshots:

IMG_5231.PNGIMG_5233.PNGIMG_5230.PNG

Thank you for any help you can provide,

- Kenneth

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there @KENAXION, let's see what we can do here. 

Are you able to save your images locally on your device by tapping on the "share" option? 

Give it a try and let me know if the issue persists. Cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

KENAXION
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Good morning Lusil,

I am unable to do that as well. 

KENAXION
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Do you have any other suggestions @Lusil?

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Have you tried rebooting your device and made sure that you don't have any pending OS updates?

How about connecting to a different WiFi network or via cellular data?

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

KENAXION
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hello @Lusil,

As I mentioned originally I have no pending IOS updates. I've also reboot several times, switched wifi, no wifi, the app is up to date, but the outcome is still the same - I'm still unable to save anything from the app to my phone when I used to be able to do so. 

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @KENAXION, let's try one more thing!

Can you clear your app's cache, and do an uninstall and re-install as shown here

To clear your cache, please follow the steps listed below:

- Navigate to the “Personal” tab
- Tap the gear icon in the upper-left corner of the screen
- Select “Clear Cache”

Hope this helps!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    KENAXION Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?