cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Get summer ready with Dropbox basic - travel documents, plans, progress reminders and more, right over here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save to camera roll doesn’t work anymore

Re: Dropbox Export/Save Issue

KENAXION
Explorer | Level 3

Hello @Megan

I reinstalled the app a couple days ago, there was no change. I just now reinstalled, and cleared the cache - no change. 

However, I discovered that I can save pictures from a couple months ago (still no export option) I have to use the "open in" option and I can save those images to my photos. But my most recent images uploaded from my PC, the "open in" option does not work and still returns the "Couldn't communicate with a helper application" error when I try to go that route. I'm obviously unsure if this is an issue with my iPhone, the app, or both but I am getting increasingly frustrated. 

KENAXION
Explorer | Level 3

My work around was pulling up the website on my phone. I've got it handled now. Thank you both for you assistance. 

Megan
Dropboxer
Hey @KENAXION, awesome work with the workaround! 

If you'd like to look further into this in the future, give me a shout and I'd be happy to help!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!

Poll
Which Dropbox Plan do you have?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropboxer
    KENAXION Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?