cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving Zoom recordings to Dropbox

Saving Zoom recordings to Dropbox

New member | Level 2

I have connected the Zoom app to Dropbox but still the recordings are getting saved in my local documents folder and not the Dropbox folder. And I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. I have followed all the steps on: https:confused face:/help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/third-party/zoom

Please help

3 Replies 3

Re: Saving Zoom recordings to Dropbox

Dropboxer

Hello @icedpinks, I hope you had a good weekend!

I'd just like to clarify with you, did you record this locally on your computer with the Zoom app? Dropbox wouldn't be able to copy local recordings in Zoom and they will need to be moved over manually.

Otherwise, can you please check your connected apps page online here and double check for me that the option "Copy Zoom cloud recordings to Dropbox" is enabled?

Let me know - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

New member | Level 2

Hi Daphne,

Yes, I used the zoom app on my desktop for recording the video. I have enabled the 'Copy Zoom cloud recordings to Dropbox' option on my dropbox page online.

You mention that Dropbox wouldn't be able to copy local recordings in Zoom and they will need to be moved over manually.

When do they get copied directly? I'm confused as all my settings are updated. 

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me @icedpinks!

For your recordings to be copied over directly into Dropbox, you'll need to use the cloud recording instead of local recording. You can check out more about this here.

If you're doing local recordings, then you will need to manually upload this to Dropbox with the steps outlined here.

I hope this helps!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?