cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving app files to DB in Mac Catalina

Saving app files to DB in Mac Catalina

Angie C.3
Explorer | Level 3

Before I updated both DB and my Mac, I was able to save files directly to a DB folder.

On Audacity, Word, Photos, and other apps, I'd choose the Save option. The Save window would open as shown - with a bar on the left for me to choose the destination. DB Prob - 1.jpg

Dropbox used to be a Location option in that bar, and within it I could drill down to the DB folder I wanted to save things in. It's disappeared as an option and I can't figure out how to get it back. Help, please?

3 Replies 3

Re: Saving app files to DB in Mac Catalina

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @Angie C.3; thanks for posting on our Community!

The Dropbox folder that gets created when installing the desktop app is missing from your Finder's window.

Can you please let me know if the desktop app is running on your computer? If so, what is it reporting in your menu bar

Let me know what you find and we'll take it from there, Angie. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Angie C.3
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, Walter! Thanks for the help.

I do have the desktop app, which is in my Applications folder. The badge is visible on my menu bar, top right of my screen. I've opened Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 5.35.54 PM.jpgPreferences using the badge, but don't see anywhere to control what shows up as a Save location.

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey there @Angie C.3!

When you open your Finder window, do you see Dropbox as one of the options in the left panel there?

If not, can you try adding Dropbox to the sidebar panel with the steps outlined here?

Keep me posted!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?