cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving from preview (mac pdf) to a specific folder

Saving from preview (mac pdf) to a specific folder

tinaedlin
New member | Level 2

I have a macbook air and use preview as my pdf reader. When I want to save a file from preview, how can i designate it go to a specific folder in dropbox vs just the main dropbox? Its a pain to have to locate and move it to the proper file after it saves to main dropbox versus a specified folder?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Saving from preview (mac pdf) to a specific folder

atccodex
New Super User

That little down arrow next to the "Save As" box, click that and it should open the bigger view of all your folders

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

atccodex
New Super User

You would have to be syncing that folder to your computer. You would want to download Dropbox onto your computer, then you should be able to see that folder and any subfolders in the dropbox when choosing your save location.

tinaedlin
New member | Level 2

When I hit save from preview (it is downloaded on the mac) it only gives me the option of the program but not a tree (for lack of a better word) to scroll and pick the file in dropbox I want. I know it can do it as I use to on my old mac, but its been a few years since I used that one with dropbox.

atccodex
New Super User

You should be able to specify where the "dropbox" folder is stored on your HD. Basically, you need to find that "folder" and then you should be able to see everything in it.

tinaedlin
New member | Level 2

Screenshot 2018-09-13 14.47.40.png

tinaedlin
New member | Level 2

This is the only option to save to drop box, I don't get a list of my files within dropbox.

atccodex
New Super User

That little down arrow next to the "Save As" box, click that and it should open the bigger view of all your folders

tinaedlin
New member | Level 2

OMG, thank you! I knew it was something silly and easy!

atccodex
New Super User

No problem! Sometimes it just takes a second set of eyes 🙂 Glad it is working for you now!

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

atccodex New Super User
    tinaedlin New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?