cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Saving photos from Dropbox to the Photos list on iOS mobile.

Saving photos from Dropbox to the Photos list on iOS mobile.

r8r
Explorer | Level 3

I had been happily exporting from Dropbox to the Photos gallery on both my iPhone and iPad for the longest time, then suddenly the 'Export' option in Dropbox is missing. 

What's the deal?  Has it been renamed?  Has it been moved?  How can I move or copy an image in my Dropbox account to the Photos gallery?

Thanks!  I'm mystified.

12 Replies 12

Walter
Dropboxer
Hi @r8r, thanks for joining our Community!

Can you please check for any pending updates for your device's OS and our mobile app's version as well?

If you're completely up to date and still don't get an export option, please send us a screenshot so that we can have a visual too.

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

r8r
Explorer | Level 3

IMG_0694.jpgIMG_0695.jpgImg2021-04-01 08.41.27.jpg

As these photos taken of my iphone and ipad both show, the dropdown menus for image options in Dropbox don't show an Export option.  There doesn't seem to be a way to move images easily from the Dropbox to the Images gallery in the iphone or ipad, which I use to post to social sites.  

There's a Share option, which uses email, and there's a Save As Scan option, which doesn't really help.  The apps are up to date.  The Export option was simply missing one day.

What am I missing?

Walter
Dropboxer

Thanks for the screenshots @r8r!

Can you see if you get the option to export the files after having offlined them first?

Otherwise, you can reinstall the mobile app as this should do the trick.

Let us know how it goes anyhow!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Bair-Dog
Explorer | Level 3

I am having the exact same problem.  I export photos to post on Instagram.  The direct sharing to Instagram does not allow for tagging and editing, so they must be exported to Photos first.  I have deleted and reinstalled the app and still don’t have an export option.  I cannot find any other way to export to the photos.  Tried saving, but only saves it in the Folders.  Can’t access it for Instagram or get into the Photos.  Using the make available offline does nothing as far as I can tell.

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Bair-Dog, did you try the steps my colleague mentioned, namely using the Share button to see the export option?

If you don't see it there, could you forward a screenshot showing what you're seeing there.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Bair-Dog
Explorer | Level 3

885D314B-302C-48A1-8C77-308447313039.png

Bair-Dog
Explorer | Level 3

Yes, I have tried everything mentioned.  Using the share button only shows link screen posted.  Using the share in the pull down list does not include saving to photos or any kind of export.

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey @Bair-Dog, sorry to jump in here, but could you try previewing a single file from within our mobile app and see if you get the option to export it from there?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Bair-Dog
Explorer | Level 3

That is how I have always exported before.  The image I posted is a single image preview (just has the list open too).  Exact same thing happens if you take he list away.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Need more support?