cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Says I'm out of space just after opening account

Says I'm out of space just after opening account

Jgreenberg1234
Explorer | Level 4

I opened a basic account and it started uploading all my desktop files, documents and photos and then it said I'm out of space. I didn't want all of that done and only wanted to set up an account so I could send and receive files from other people. I don't want to have to upgrade to a paid version. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

5 Replies 5

Re: says I'm out of space just after opening account

Rich
Super User II

@Jgreenberg1234 wrote:

I opened a basic account and it started uploading all my desktop files, documents and photos and then it said I'm out of space.

You have the computer backup feature enabled.

Re: says I'm out of space just after opening account

Jgreenberg1234
Explorer | Level 4
So I did attempt to turn off computer backup (while in DB) and I unchecked desktop and photos ( just keeping documents) and then did keep content in folders on PC. But it still says no space left and on my home page when I sign in again it still has lots of photos, etc listed. Do I need to uninstall DB and at the outset say no backup.. or do I need to do something else?

Re: Basic Dropbox

dotti
Explorer | Level 3

Dropbox says I'm out of space just after opening a Basic account.  It has automatically put all my desktop files into Dropbox and I now can't receive emails sent via Dropbox.

Daphne
Dropboxer
I hope you're well today @dotti!

Can you let me know if you followed the steps to disable the computer backup from the link Rich posted above?

You mentioned an issue receiving Dropbox emails too, are you expecting a specific email that you're not getting?

Keep me posted!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

dotti
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks Daphne....This whole Dropbox saga nearly did my head in.  As soon as I downloaded it took all my files in and wouldn't allow me to open the email doc in there.  This is why I needed Dropbox.   Anyway, I called a computer Tech and he has sorted it all on Teamviewer.  No more Dropbox for me!  

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?