cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Screenshot links no longer working since installing Mojave

Screenshot links no longer working since installing Mojave

rickpoet
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi,

Since installing MacOS Mojave, the automatic Dropbox copying of a screenshot link into the clipboard has stopped working. (Mojave has it's own new screenshot functionality which seems to be interferring with this feature on Dropbox.)

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks!

53 Replies 53

Jessica D.20
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I have just tried uninstalling and re-installing the desktop app. It has not resolved the problem: my screenshots save to the dropbox folder, but it no longer copies the URL by default, I have to go to the folder, find my last screenshot, right click and copy the URL.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey, could you please try and set the screencapture setting to Save to Desktop, and see if that does the trick?

Let me know what you find! 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Jessica D.20
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hmmmm, so now I do get the screenshot URL copied to my clipboard, but I also get an error message that pops up every single time, which I'm not sure is any less annoying 😕

This is the error message:

Your screen shot can’t be saved.

Cannot write file to intended destination.

Then I have to hit OK, and THEN I can use the screenshot URL.

rickpoet
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

This did the trick for me. Thanks!

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Glad to hear that worked for you, @rickpoet

@Jessica D.20, could you please try rebooting your computer after trying out what I mentioned earlier?

If you’re still encountering trouble with this, I’d kindly suggest we move this discussion to email due to account-specific info that may be required to further investigate. In this case, I can contact you to your email address associated with your Forum profile. 

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Le_Toti
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

If you have the MacOS screenshot app save the files to desktop, the copying to the specified Dropbox folder works and links are autogenerated. Links seem to be only autogenerated if the file is saved to the desktop and includes "Screen Shot" in the name. "Screen Recording" files do not trigger the behavior.

I've asked Dropbox support on Twitter to look into that.

sjm2
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm having the same issue. The screenshots save to Dropbox but it does not add a link to the file to my clipboard. I'm using the latest version of both Dropbox and Mojave.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @sjm2!

Could you let me know if by setting the screencapture setting to Save to Desktop the issue persists? If it does, we can more this discussion to email, in which case I can contact you to your email address associated with your Forum profile. 

Let me know how it goes!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

sjm2
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Saving to desktop actually worked! I must have manually chosen the Dropbox folder to save screenshots. Thanks!

Le_Toti
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

But it still only works for static images, not the screen recordings - due to their different file name prefix.

Need more support?