cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screenshots not imported after computer reboot

Screenshots not imported after computer reboot

Uwe K.2
Helpful | Level 5

After each reboot of my Windows 10 system, the functionality to automatically import screenshots from clipboard into Dropbox is lost.

I then have to open the Dropbox settings in the Desktop app, select the "Import" tab, uncheck the "Screenshots" checkbox, close the settings with "OK" and then open it and check the "Screenshots" checkbox again.

My question:

Is there any solution to permanently keep the functionality to import clipboard screenshots into Dropbox, even after a reboot of my OS?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Screenshots not imported after reboot

Jane
Dropboxer

Hey @Uwe K.2

Welcome to the Dropbox Community, let's go look into that together!

Based on your description, there is some inconsistency on your desktop application, so in order to exclude this scenario, could you please make sure that you are running the latest stable version of Dropbox on your devices? Please keep in mind that in some cases there is some unexpected or unstable behavior if you're running a Beta build. 

If you are on the latest stable version (29.4.20) and you're still having this issue, please let me know here!

Warm regards, 
JaneA

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Rich
Super User II

Uwe K.2 wrote:

Is there any solution to permanently keep the functionality to import clipboard screenshots into Dropbox, even after a reboot of my OS?

That setting is already a permanent one. If it's being disabled after each reboot, then you likely have another application that is taking control of it. You'll need to determine what that is and disable it.

Uwe K.2
Helpful | Level 5

The checkbox is still checked.

Only the functionality of the checkbox is missing.

Rich
Super User II

Which just strengthens my suggestion that another application is taking control. Dropbox believes it still has control because the option is selected, but another application is likely taking over that functionality in the background.

You'll need to find out what other app is grabbing control of your screentshots. This is not a problem with Dropbox.

Uwe K.2
Helpful | Level 5

How about even thinking about this being a Dropbox bug?!

Jane
Dropboxer

Hey @Uwe K.2

Welcome to the Dropbox Community, let's go look into that together!

Based on your description, there is some inconsistency on your desktop application, so in order to exclude this scenario, could you please make sure that you are running the latest stable version of Dropbox on your devices? Please keep in mind that in some cases there is some unexpected or unstable behavior if you're running a Beta build. 

If you are on the latest stable version (29.4.20) and you're still having this issue, please let me know here!

Warm regards, 
JaneA

Jane
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Uwe K.2
Helpful | Level 5

Thanks a lot, Jane

Currently the version says 30.3.17. I'll try the latest stable version now.

I also will uninstall the currently installed ownCloud client on my PC, just to be sure.

Jane
Dropboxer

Hey @Uwe K.2

Sure, take your time. Please keep me updated here on how this fresh installation works for you! 

Thanks, 

JaneA

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Uwe K.2
Helpful | Level 5

Thanks a lot, Jane!

I uninstalled the ownCloud client and installed the latest stable Dropbox client.

I then rebooted my Windows 10 system several times and after each reboot, I was able to take screenshots.

So I do think the issue is resolved now.

Having a hard time in the past here in the forum, when I'm not taken seriously with my worries and reported issues, it is even more pleasent that you treated my concerns seriously with great empathy. Thanks a lot for this, too!

Jane
Dropboxer

Hey @Uwe K.2

So glad to hear that this has been resolved for you now, hope you have a great week ahead! 

Having a hard time in the past here in the forum, when I'm not taken seriously with my worries and reported issues, it is even more pleasent that you treated my concerns seriously with great empathy. Thanks a lot for this, too!

As per your comment above, I'd like to invite you to get back in touch at any time in case you need further help or you'd like to report an issue you're experiencing, we're here for you. 

Would you mind taking a minute of your time to fill out a survey sharing your experience using the Dropbox Community? You can access it here: http://bit.ly/2lNKIxT .

[This thread is now closed. If you experience further issues, feel free to get back in touch at any time. ]

Warm regards, 
JaneA

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jane Dropboxer
    Uwe K.2 Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?