cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: “Search” function when “save to dropbox” dissappeared

“Search” function when “save to Dropbox” dissappeared

Waflar
Helpful | Level 6

I use dropbox on my iphone with IOS.
Every day I receive tens of emails with pdf files attached and I often use my iphone to save the pdf files to dropbox.
By choosing “share” and then “save to dropbox” I have always been able to search for a specific location for the file.
The problem I have is that recently the “search” function has dissappeared so now I have to navigate to the folder, which is a much longer process, instead of just searching for the name of the destination folder.
Any suggestions, please?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Waflar
Helpful | Level 6
Hi again @Lusil
All of a sudden and without any intervention from my side, it now works.
Any idea why this may have happened?
Maybe a background update of the app?
Thanks
Best
M

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hi there @Waflar, thanks for posting your question here. 

Were you originally searching for items using the Dropbox mobile app or your Files app?

Could you also make sure that the apps are up to date and your device doesn't have any pending updates?

Give me a nudge with any findings, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Waflar
Helpful | Level 6
Hi Lusil
Thanks for your reply.
The problem actually started when I upgraded to iOS 12, but soon after that, it allowed me to search again for a couple of weeks, and I assumed that the dropbox app had been updated.
Unfortunately, the problem came back and it hasn’t allowed me to search in dropbox when saving a file, since then.
I can search from the dropbox app and also from the files app, which I don’t really use. But when my problem starts is when I try to save a file attached to an email into a dropbox folder, which I would like to be able to search for, as I have been always doing before.
Thanks!

Waflar
Helpful | Level 6
Sorry I meant iOS 14

Waflar
Helpful | Level 6
By the way, how do I give you a nudge??

Lusil
Dropboxer
Your reply to this thread is just the nudge I need, @Waflar

Having a better look into this, there doesn't seem to be an option to search when choosing a save location in the mobile app. 

I do understand how important this is for you though, and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. 

You can also have a look at this thread where another user has also requested this as a feature to be implemented in the future. 

I know this might not be much, but let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Waflar
Helpful | Level 6
Hi Lusil
Thank you for your reply.
I have in front of me two phones: an iphone with ios 14 and an iphone with ios 13.
If I could upload a picture (maybe you can tell me a way to send you a picture) I would send you a screenshot where you can clearly see a “search” window at the top when saving a file to dropbox under ios 13 which isn’t there under ios 14.
The process is:
- in Mail app I choose a file attached to an email
- I then choose “save to dropbox” in the “export” menu
- I then see the main folder of dropbox and all the files and folders in there, and ONLY IN IOS13 I can see at the very top a “search” window which will allow me to choose where to save the file.
Hopefully you can shed some light.
Best
M

Lusil
Dropboxer
To have a better look at this, I'd recommend reaching out to our Support team. 

Could you have a look at this page to find your options?

If you do submit a ticket, could you let me know the ID (eg. #1234567) so that I can pass your comments along?

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Waflar
Helpful | Level 6
Hi again @Lusil
All of a sudden and without any intervention from my side, it now works.
Any idea why this may have happened?
Maybe a background update of the app?
Thanks
Best
M

View solution in original post

Lusil
Dropboxer
Although I can't exactly pin-point what might have triggered this change, I'm glad to hear that all's working as per normal. 

If anything else comes up in the future, or the issue reoccurs, just give us another shout. 

In the meantime, I hope you have a wonderful day ahead!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?