cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: “Search” function when “save to dropbox” dissappeared

Waflar
Helpful | Level 6
Thanks!

Waflar
Helpful | Level 6
Hi again @Lusil
Unfortunately the problem is back and I haven’t done absolutely nothing -not even turned the phone off overnight.
Interesting to note is that when it worked yesterday, the dropbox logo on the “export” menu was second on the list, whilst now its the 6th on the list and now it opens a window called “publish” instead of calling the dropbox app (which is what it did several tines yesterday).
Any thoughts?

Lusil
Dropboxer
Sorry to hear that, @Waflar

Was there any iOS update on your device by any chance?

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Waflar
Helpful | Level 6

No.

What I noticed is that when it worked well, the maill app did open the dropbox app when saving the file (so it changed from one app to the other) whilst when it goes wrong (as it does now), it is a pop window within mail which opens the "save to dropbox" dialog.

Does this make any sense?

Lusil
Dropboxer
I understand where you're coming from and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on this with us. 

If anything else comes up in the future, don't hesitate to give us another shout. 

In the meantime, I hope you have a lovely weekend ahead!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Waflar
Helpful | Level 6
I am afraid this is not solved, as again the function has dissapeared without any intervention on my side. Am I really the only one on Earth with this issue??

Waflar
Helpful | Level 6
Hi again. Still having the issue. I keep an iphone SE with ios13 just to be able to save pdf files to a destination folder in dropbox which I search for when saving it. Something I can’t do under ios14 on my iphone 12.
The old iphone calls the dropbox app when saving whilst the iphone 12 opens a pop-up window called “publish to dropbox” and this one doesn’t allow me to search for the speacific destination folder for the file I am saving.
I have even deleted the “files” app on ios14 but this makes no difference.
Help please!!!

Walter
Dropboxer
Hi @Waflar, thanks for the nudge on this and apologies for the late reply.

If you're still having issues with this, may I reach out via email to investigate further? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?