cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching files online only shows deleted items

Searching files online only shows deleted items

Robbon1956
New member | Level 2

Starting today, whenever I search my files online through the Dropbox website, it only shows items that were deleted. I am part of a business account and other members on the same account are able to search as usual with no issues, but the search is not working for me. Even when I search for a file that I see in a  folder, it will tell me "No results found." I have tried two different browsers, I rebooted my computer and logged out and in again and nothing has fixed it.

I am including two screengrabs so you can see a list of files, and then what happens when I search for one, "1960s California" in the example.Edited by moderatorEdited by moderator

SearchExample2.PNG

Please help!

4 Replies 4

Re: Searching files online only shows deleted items

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hey there @Robbon1956,

Could you try a different web browser or an incognito/private window? Also, please try clearing the cache of the browser, and let me know if you see a different behaviour.

Also, if the above doesn’t appear to help, could you try searching without the folder filter you have applied (I believe the correct folder is selected but just out of curiosity).

Look forward to your reply - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

AnnaTIEC
New member | Level 2

I am having exactly the same issue which started yesterday as well

ctrode
New member | Level 2

I am having the exact same issue, started today.

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hey @AnnaTIEC and @ctrode, welcome to the discussion!

Can you please let me know if you have tried the steps listed in my previous response and get back to me with the results? This will help to pinpoint the issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Daphne Dropboxer
    ctrode New member | Level 2
    AnnaTIEC New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?