cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security error uploading file from CamScanner

Security error uploading file from CamScanner

alexgv99
Explorer | Level 3

Hello,

When I create PDF in CamScanner and share it with Dropbox, I receive an error saying upload has failed and then when I open Dropbox it says that failed due security concerns.

I saw in a past post that Beta version could help with that issue, so I change to this Beta version but the problem remains... Below, I will provide some files to show what I'm trying to say.

Alex.

Peek 2020-11-10 12-37.gifsecurity issues.gifversion.png

7 Replies 7

Re: Security error uploading file from CamScanner

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @alexgv99, thanks for posting today!

Is this an emulated Android OS, since there is a mouse cursor on it? What version of Android are you running on the device?

If you're not on a Dropbox Basic plan with more than 3 devices connected, could you try uninstalling the app, rebooting the device, and then reinstalling it from the site?

If you need any further assistance, please let me know!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

alexgv99
Explorer | Level 3

Is this an emulated Android OS, since there is a mouse cursor on it? What version of Android are you running on the device?

It's my real phone... an LG G6... I use scrcpy to show my phone screen in my computer, through ADB.

If you're not on a Dropbox Basic plan with more than 3 devices connected, could you try uninstalling the app, rebooting the device, and then reinstalling it from the site?

I don't understand... are you suggesting me to install the app outside the official play store? By the way, I'm not familiar with plan names but I use Dropbox for free.

If you need any further assistance, please let me know!

I'm at the same point I was before your message... 😕

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey @alexgv99, just to make sure that we're on the same page, do you try to upload the file to Dropbox directly to the mobile app from CamScanner, without the use of another third party app?

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

alexgv99
Explorer | Level 3

Yes... but you could see it in the first gif I attached to this thread.

Walter
Dropboxer

From what I gather from your screenshots, you've linked a work account to your personal one @alexgv99; is this correct? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

alexgv99
Explorer | Level 3

I believe I did... but I selected the personal one for the upload.

Walter
Dropboxer

Do you get the same results when you select the work one for this @alexgv99

If you do, you could try disconnecting your accounts (or even the 3rd party app from your Connected Apps tab) and see if the issue still persists.

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?