cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Get summer ready with Dropbox basic - travel documents, plans, progress reminders and more, right over here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending a downloadlink....

Sending a downloadlink....

ross D.1
New member | Level 2

I am trying to give a pdf file to a friend.

The Rule says everybody that has the link, can download. My frienbd writes, that he asked to sigb up to dropbox, which is something completely different.

Is he correct?

Thanks RD

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Sending a downloadlink....

Mark
Super User II
If it requires him to download and sign in then the link has either been sent with sharing capabilities or locked to specific accounts.

You need to follow www.dropbox.com/help/167 for read only, download access

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Mark
Super User II

He is being given an advert/request to join. He just needs to click on the cross and proceed as usual. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

ross D.1
New member | Level 2

THank you, I thought so......

kmdx
New member | Level 2

THERE IS NO X

The page does not recommend to sign up, it requires to sign up.

Is there no way to share data so that someone who is given a download-link can download files without registering?

Mark
Super User II
If it requires him to download and sign in then the link has either been sent with sharing capabilities or locked to specific accounts.

You need to follow www.dropbox.com/help/167 for read only, download access

keith6
Explorer | Level 3

No,

Its confusing to the clients, and I do not want to write a email explaining the tricks of downloading my images...

I appreciate that you are selling your service, and respect that up to a point.

That point is when it aggravates my client, or they just dont get it...and walk away all together...

When that happens I have to use a different service...

Please somebody tell me how get it where I send my client a link and he clicks and the images pop up..or download starts.. or something simple...that does not require the client. 

or 

Just make user friendly

Poll
Which Dropbox Plan do you have?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

keith6 Explorer | Level 3
    Mark Super User II
    kmdx New member | Level 2
    ross D.1 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?