cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up new computer

Setting up new computer

Senny
Explorer | Level 3

I am setting up a new computer.  It is lot different than when I originally started Dropbox.  I am not sure I told it the right things.

I use to be able to right click like on a picture and I had option to send to Dropbox.  But that is gone now. Also I am not sure I told it to do the right stuff.  I want pictures to go automatically into Dropbox.  Not sure about files or I think downloads was my other choice.

There were to many choices for me, and my husband was "helping" me set computer up, which was not as much help as he intended. 🙂

Thank You

5 Replies 5

Re: Setting up new computer

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hey @Senny, thanks for reaching out to us!

Do you want pictures from your phone to be uploaded to Dropbox automatically?

If so, you can use camera uploads for that.

Can you also hover your mouse over the Dropbox icon in your system tray/menu bar, so we can see if the application is running as normal?

Keep me posted!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Senny
Explorer | Level 3

Sorry Hannah for not answering sooner.  Thank you for offering help.

We have been busy re roofing our garage and by end of day I don't even know my name 🙂

ok  I seem to have more problems 

But first with the camera one.  So you say to use camera uploads.  Is that from Dropbox?  It use to me many years ago where I clicked some where and it sent to dropbox.  So how do I to camera uploads.

second if I hover over icon in task bar it just says Dropbox.

My other problems I will have to take screenshots of what it tells me.

Thank you

Lucille Cali

Hannah
Dropboxer
No worries, Lucille!

Camera uploads is indeed a Dropbox feature. You can see how to enable it here.

As for the application on your computer, to see if it's running as normal, you need to hover the mouse over the small Dropbox icon in your system tray or menu bar. See here.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Senny
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you so much Hannah.  You have been a tremendous help.  I feel really stupid now after you told me how simple it was.  

Once you hit 80 your brain kind of takes a hike.  What was simple before becomes complex.

I even found the dropbox in the taskbar lol it says "Dropbox 130.4.4978"  Up to date.  So guessing that is good. 🙂

Thank you again.

Lucy

Hannah
Dropboxer
Haha, no worries, Lucy! It was my pleasure to help you out!

If you ever need anything else, make sure to let us know. 

Have a great day!

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropboxer
    Senny Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?