cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up the desktop app and getting "Can't backup to both OneDrive and Dropbox". Any ideas?

Setting up the desktop app and getting "Can't backup to both OneDrive and Dropbox". Any ideas?

sri3
New member | Level 2

Hello Everyone,

I installed dropbox, but unable to sync with "Document" and "Desktop" on my PC @ i am getting the error " Can't back up to both one drive and dropbox. I deleted onedrive from my system and tried reinstalling dropbox but no luck. I appreciate your help in advance!

Thanks,

Sridropbox error.jpg

3 Replies 3

Re: Drop box not syncing with specific folders

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey @sri3, I'd be happy to help out with this!

If you haven't already, can you restart your device since you uninstalled OneDrive? It may be that the device needs restarting to complete this process.

If the issue persists, please check out the steps under the "Troubleshoot automatic computer backup" section of this article.

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

sri3
New member | Level 2

No luck still the same old error! I went through your link and found info which clearly states that there is sync issue 

"If you’re on Windows and using Microsoft Edge, your Microsoft Edge downloads won’t sync to your “Downloads” folder in Dropbox with this feature. To sync your Microsoft Edge downloads to Dropbox anyway, manually move the “Downloads” folder into Dropbox."

If there is a better solution pls let me know!

Thanks,

Sri

Daphne
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me here @sri3!

That wouldn't be relevant to the errors that you're getting when trying to set up the backup, what you mentioned is due to the Downloads not syncing when downloading files from Microsoft Edge once the backup is fully set up.

Do you possibly have the contents of these folders (Desktop and Documents) within OneDrive still or are they in their original locations on your computer?

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?