cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share third-party app folder with others?

Share third-party app folder with others?

eschow2021
New member | Level 2

I have a third-party app integration that's downloading images into a specific folder that I can't seem to share with other people. All the features/functionality for share aren't available and the right rail just says, "Only you have access."

Is there a way to share this type of third-party integration folder with others? Or is that a limitation? 

If there isn't a way to do so. Is there a way to "duplicate" this folder so that it is shareable?

Stillio_-_Dropbox.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Share third-party app folder with others?

Rich
Super User II

@eschow2021 wrote:

Is there a way to share this type of third-party integration folder with others? Or is that a limitation? 

If there isn't a way to do so. Is there a way to "duplicate" this folder so that it is shareable?

No, that's not possible. App folders are specific to the linked application and cannot be shared. There's also no way to automatically duplicate a folder. You would need to do that manually.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@eschow2021 wrote:

No, that's not possible. App folders are specific to the linked application and cannot be shared. There's also no way to automatically duplicate a folder. You would need to do that manually.

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @eschow2021, thanks for messaging the Community!

For third party app integrations that use an app folder, it is already considered a shared folder.

However, this shared folder is only available to the user, and can't be shared to other users. The same would be for any folders in the 'Apps' folder.

I hope this helps to clarify matters!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?