cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shorten Link URLs Not Working

Shorten Link URLs Not Working

Crissy N.
New member | Level 2

Anyone else having any issues with the URL provided from dropbox.com after you click "Shorten Link"?

Here's an example https://db.tt/uaARzBka  -- I'm getting a "Certificate-based authentication failed" error message. 

The URL provided before "Shorten Link" is pressed works fine. 

We've used the "Shorten Link" option for several files that we sent out last week and now none of them are working. =(

6 Replies 6

Re: Shorten Link URLs Not Working

Rich
Super User II

They seem to be working just fine for me.

Crissy N.
New member | Level 2

I'm getting the same error when I click on your links too. I'll try from a different server to see if it might just be our connection. 

Rick M.
Experienced Collaborator | Level 13

Crissy N., try a different browser.

Irfan G.
New member | Level 1

i am trying to get the shorten link but seem the TAB is not working, is it my browser or do we have any issue with Dropbox. 

dave g.7
New member | Level 2

unless i can shorten the link the person viewing the link cannot see the photo ,it no longer seems to work ,i click shorten link but its not working ,generally it shortens it and allows me to paste it into an email  but not any more

hsaccount
Explorer | Level 4

I kept bumping into this thread while I was searching for shortened url's for a Dropbox Showcase. In case anyone else like me is looking for that kind of shortened url (to share a Showcase), I finally found it myself. You click Share at the top of your created Showcase. It brings up a dialog box that at the top allows you to put in an email address. At the very bottom of that dialog, it has an option to Edit link. Once you click on that, you can shorten up your showcase name and replace the long unreadable string with a readable string. Just thought I'd post this solution here because I kept bumping into this thread as I was searching for Showcase url shortening. Hope this helps someone. 

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

hsaccount Explorer | Level 4
    dave g.7 New member | Level 2
    Irfan G. New member | Level 1
    Rick M. Experienced Collaborator | Level 13
    Crissy N. New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?