cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sign In page - remember password

Sign In page - remember password

Himanshu P.3
New member | Level 1

A friend of mine had logged in with "remember me" option and his password got saved. I tried to login but it shows my friend's user name and password.

I entered mine and unchecked the "remember me" option. After this the site should no longed remember any user name or password combination. To my surprise the next time I try to login, my friend's username and password re-appear. This happens everytime. I'm on IE11 Windows 10 (1511 version)

Please do not ask me to remove browser saved passwords. I have other site password that I don't want to lose.

Besides once I've unchecked "remember be", the site should just delete whatever username/password combination from cache/cookies.

5 Replies 5

Re: Sign In page - remember password

Richard P.
Super User alumni

You don't seem to understand what is going on here.

The "Remember Me" checkbox tells the Dropbox servers to add a cookie with an expiry date in the future to the browser response which allows it to recognise the user next time.

It has nothing at all to do with showing the username and password on the login screen - that is 100% the browser, Dropbox has no control over it at all.  Whether those details are saved by the browser or not has no connection at all to the "Remember Me" box.

So yes, you do need to remove the browser saved passwords - Dropbox cannot do that for you.  Decent browsers should allow you to remove individual saved credentials rather than delete all at once.

Main S.
New member | Level 2

I log in using Edge.  And "remember me" box is checked.  So, I could log in to site just by clicking my bookmark.  For last two weeks, I have make fresh login everytime.  Nothing has changed except updating of Windows 10,  What went wrong?

Mark
Super User II

You need to ask Microsoft that I'm afraid - the application doing it is Edge.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Main S.
New member | Level 2

To Mark Mc

You are right.  I reset Edge browser.  NowI unchecked "password" box in what to clear (on exit) and I can log in just by clicking the bookmark.  Thanks.

Mark
Super User II

Brill! Pleased its fixed 🙂

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    Main S. New member | Level 2
    Richard P. Super User alumni
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?