cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signing out on Mac laptop

Explorer | Level 3

I cannot find a sign-out option on the Dropbox website for my account (just set up account).  How can I sign out?  Also, don't I need to set up a password to sign in?  When setting up the account, I didn't get a option to set up a password.  Is the password the same as my Google password? 

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Signing out on Mac laptop

Super User II
Super User II

Have you installed the desktop software from www.dropbox.com/downloading ? If so you cannot sign out as the software keeps you logged in.

If you set the account up via the Google account single sign on, yes, you sign on via your Google password

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
Thanks, Mark. I am not that computer savvy, so I don’t know how I signed up. I thought I was signing up through Google. If I have the icon on my dock on my Mac, that may mean I am using what you call the “desktop app.” How do I reverse all of that and make it so that I can sign in with a password to get to dropbox? I’m still confused.
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there @LAD1, thanks for checking in with us. 

At first, it sounds like you signed in using your Google sign-in. You can find more info about this, here

As for the Dropbox icon next to your computer's clock, that means that you have the desktop app installed and running on your computer. 

If you don't want to be signed in to your account on the desktop app or the website, you can check out the relevant steps to doing this, in this article

Let us know if you have any other questions, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?