cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: iOs 13 Dropbox App - Can't save ANY files now

Re: Saving PDF attachments from iOS mail.

Dropboxer

Just wanted to jump in here to let you know @MrKJ that while it's not currently possible to create a folder during the process of saving a file to Dropbox, we do have a request for this feature!

You can check out this request from here, and show your support by giving the post an upvote. 

Hope you have a great day!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Since the update to iOS 13 I can't post files to Dropbox, how can I upload my files?

New member | Level 2

I'm having this problem and it's driving me crazy. I can't upload any file larger than 300mb from my iphone or either ipad since I updated to ios13. All photos and short videos are uplaoding without an issue. Again, only files larger than 300mb. I have plenty of space on the ipads and in dropbox. IMG_0107.jpgI cleared the cache on the phone, yet the app crashes on both ipads. Paying $12 a month for somthing that isn't working the way it used to... I didn' twant to upgrade to 13, but needed the file system.  Anyone have any other ideas? I also unistalled the apps and hard rebooted the ipads. 

Thank you 

Re: Since the update to iOS 13 I can't post files to Dropbox, how can I upload my files?

Dropboxer

Hi there @afternothingsend , I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with this!

Can you just confirm for me which version of the mobile app you have installed? You can find this by going to your Settings app > General > iPad storage > Dropbox.

Also, exactly which version of iOS 13 are you running on your device?

Let me know - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 4
To save multiple photos, you need to use ‘Save to files’ option. You must have the Dropbox app installed on your device. If you have it installed but Dropbox is greyed out, open Files app, go to Browse screen, tap (...) button on top right, and turn Dropbox ON. After this it won’t be greyed out.

Saving documents from iPhone fails

Explorer | Level 3
It used to be so straightforward to save an online document from my iPhone to a Dropbox file. Recently, this changed, and now I am asked for an email address, an optional message, and nothing happens. Why do developers always have to fix thing when they are not broken?

Collaborator | Level 8

Hi, Walter, 

Hope you are well. 

Revisiting an issue that keeps hanging around. I like to take screenshots on websites in Safari and use the "full page" then "save as file" PDF option, and that's where I run into trouble. Not on my iPad, that works fine. It's only on my iPhone X.

Sporadically, the Dropbox site is grayed out as a "save as" destiination. This also happens in Mail.  It did it to me once this morning, and then, in subsequent tests, it works. Dropbox is turned on in Files. I can't see any reason why sometimes it is grayed out and other times it is not. It makes no sense to me.

It had been fine for a long time, but I only noticed this happening in the last one or two iOS updates.

It is puzzling, and any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Regards, Kent

Super User II

@MrKJ wrote:

Dropbox is turned on in Files. I can't see any reason why sometimes it is grayed out and other times it is not.

Open Dropbox in Files so the file list is refreshed, then try the save again. This seems to happen after a while when the Files app hasn't been used to access Dropbox. Browsing Dropbox within the Files app seems to give Files a kick in the butt and makes Dropbox available again.

Collaborator | Level 8
Hi, Rich,

Interesting. I have just opened some Dropbox files from within Files, and will see what happens.

Thanks for the idea.

Regards, Kent

Re: Saving a file on Dropbox from my phone

New member | Level 2
In iOS 12 there was an option to save to Dropbox and during this process you could create a folder if needed. This alternative save to Dropbox option, through a software glitch is no longer showing up. I know how to make it appear for single use but it’s a pain. I keep hoping with every iOS update or every Dropbox update this gets fixed but nothing. This is a huge feature I’ve been using for years. The frustrating thing is that it is still there! Someone needs to just update and fix the glitch!
Polls
Do you use Dropbox for work, personal use or both?
Tell us your thoughts?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?