cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Since updating the app, it has been slow when syncing files

Since updating the app, it has been slow when syncing files

sdek
New member | Level 2

SInce Dropbox upgraded to v98.4.158 (In 31-5-2020) my Dropbox is VERY slow. In fact, not usable. (to just change a file name takes several minutes, no, no typo)

Ever since Fryday 31st, Dropbox reports: Uploading 1 file... Downloading 4 files...

I do not have a way to identify these files or inspect the problem.

Pretty much ready to give up.

(PC on Windows 10).

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

Re: Since updating the app, it has been slow when syncing files

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @sdek, thanks for joining the Community!

Can you try navigating in your file structure to see if there is a blue syncing icon, to determine which file is causing this issue? Try moving it out of and back into your Dropbox folder to see if this helps.

If you’re still experiencing this issue, could you try the steps posted by my colleague @Walter on this thread.

Let me know how it goes!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

sdek
New member | Level 2

Thank you for the feedback.

Quite a number of files are syncing (blue icon) but not making any progress. I could retrieve urgent word with dropbos.com no trouble.
Swiching my dropbox off, I still find that disk (F:) is slow and hanging {freezing} when trying to manipulate files between disks (say) disk E:

I think I have a hardware problem. Or corrupted Windows 10.  Manage to remove two backdoor viruses. Damage by virus perhaps?
SO this weekend will reload the lot and see.

So Dropbox not to blame! My problem.

Thanks

Jay
Dropboxer

I'm sorry to hear that, @sdek.

It might be worth saving your important files to another external drive just in case you need to reinstall Windows, or any hardware, to prevent any potential data loss.

If you need any assistance in future, let me know!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?