cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow upload from NAS WD PR2100 to Dropbox Plus

Slow upload from NAS WD PR2100 to Dropbox Plus

Progemar
Explorer | Level 3

Good morning, I started a data backup from Dropbox app on NAS WD PR2100 to my dropbox plus account.

Data uploading (about 90gb) is very slow compared to my upload internet speed (about 10%).

From speedtest I have an upstream of 3mbit/s, but network monitor shows a dropbox upload under 50kilobit/s. Nothing else use internet connection.

Dropbox app for WD NAS haven't settings to modify the maximun speed rate.

Could anyone help me?

Thank you very much.

4 Replies 4

Re: Slow upload from NAS WD PR2100 to Dropbox Plus

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hi there @Progemar, thanks for reaching out to us. 

I'd be happy to help look into this, I'll just need a bit more info. For example:

• Since you mention that you're uploading from the Dropbox app to your Plus account, could you clarify if you're trying to sync items from the Dropbox folder to the web?
  • Could you also let me know if you've tried changing the desktop app's bandwidth settings by following these steps?

Any additional details would be very helpful. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Progemar
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you for your reply.

I'm trying to sync some folder in the NAS to web. From Dropbox app I selected a folder of the NAS for synchronizing it.

Sync works, but it is very slowly. It uploads about 8,7gb in 24h. I have a 3mbit/s upload speed.

On my notebook I know I can modify bandwith control, but in the Dropbox app installed on the NAS it isn't possible.

Thank you very much.

Lusil
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me, @Progemar.  

Currently, NAS isn’t a supported location for the Dropbox folder due to it generally not working well in being able to sync changes within the account. 

As such, what you're seeing may be affected by this and, for this reason, I'd recommend giving it some time to let it sync. 

You can find some additional info on this thread

If you have any other questions, just give me a shout. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Rich
Super User II

Also note that the Dropbox app on the NAS would have been created by the NAS company, and not Dropbox, so you should reach out to them for support. Dropbox provides the API for third party connections to Dropbox, but it's the third party developers that create their own Dropbox-capable apps for devices such as these.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Lusil Dropboxer
    Progemar Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?