cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Sync Issues

tadtiwpuzaw
Explorer | Level 3

Hi there,

I am currently a part of a Business Dropbox Account that used to work just fine and everything was under Smart Sync. Now, when I click on the folders, there is not even the option to click Local or Smart Sync so I am unable to upload anything else because Dropbox is taking up too much of my disk space. I have been told this has not been an issue with any other user under the Brusiness Account but cannot figure out how to get Smart Snyc to work with all of the things I have read on your website. Please help.

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

Re: Smart Sync Issues

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @tadtiwpuzaw; welcome to the Dropbox Community and sorry to hear you're having issues with Smart Sync.

I'd love to help out with this so could you please provide me with some additional information so we can troubleshoot this more effectively?

I'll need a screenshot of where you've spotted the discrepancy you mentioned (about your computer's hard drive space that is) and one of the exact status of the desktop app as shown within your computer's system tray/menu bar. Is it 'Up to date' or still syncing?

While at it, could you send me another screenshot of how your Dropbox Folder and the files within it look like on your computer? 

Let me know what you find and we'll take it from there. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

QuaideloirePari
Helpful | Level 5

Hi

I have the same issue since the version 90.4.307.

My mac is running with Yosemite. No more contextual menu to choose

"local" or "on line". I remember, seven months ago, after a new version many users with Yosemite have had the same problem. After two weeks Dropbox fixed it with a new update. On my second macbook pro with Mojave, all is ok. Problems only with Yosemite.

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @QuaideloirePari; how are you today?

Apologies for the late response and note that if you're still experiencing this, I'd suggest updating the desktop app to our most recent stable version as it just got out today.

Once you’re on the updated version, you'll need to:  
  • Restart Finder 
  • Refresh the Finder extension in your system preferences 
  • Restart your machine. 

Let me know how it goes!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?