cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: There was an error opening this document.

Smart Sync error - "There was an error opening this document"

awitzburg
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I can access files on dropbox website, however on all computers utilizing smartsync, every time you try and open a file from the dropbox folder, it says "There was an error opening this doucment. The file cannot be accessed by the system."

I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling dropbox and the same issue persisted. Same issue accross all computers in my office. 

54 Replies 54

StPatty33
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Add me to the list. Just had a failed hard drive the other day and discovered Smart Sync around the same time, moved my DropBox folder to a drive that cannot hold all my files when set to local. Now I can't access my files except piecemeal. This is a major issue.

greentickback
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Lol status page says All Systems Operational

Yeah....nah.

WoundingPhantom
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Definately , Nah

Alexis G.1
Super User
Go to solution

@StPatty33 wrote:

Add me to the list. Just had a failed hard drive the other day and discovered Smart Sync around the same time, moved my DropBox folder to a drive that cannot hold all my files when set to local. Now I can't access my files except piecemeal. This is a major issue.

I agree this is a major issue. Don't know why Dropbox don't pusblish a bulletin or share an status page or something. Our phones don't stop ringing!

Alexis G.1
Super User
Go to solution

MS update KB4471324 updates Windows Kernel, Windows Storage and Filesystems & Windows auth. This update destroy smartsync operations. This is a major issue.

Tarakiwi
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I am having exactly the same issue.  Please advise me when it is fixed!

WoundingPhantom
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Issue doesn't present on a machine with the 62.4.103 Desktop client with MS update KB4471324 installed

Alexis G.1
Super User
Go to solution
I'm not near a PC now. Is 62.4.103 the last client or an old version?

WoundingPhantom
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

older current is 63.4.102.0

isk8ss
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same here. 

Need more support?