cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Smart Sync error - "There was an error opening this document"

Smart Sync error - "There was an error opening this document"

awitzburg
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I can access files on dropbox website, however on all computers utilizing smartsync, every time you try and open a file from the dropbox folder, it says "There was an error opening this doucment. The file cannot be accessed by the system."

I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling dropbox and the same issue persisted. Same issue accross all computers in my office. 

54 Replies 54

StPatty33
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Add me to the list. Just had a failed hard drive the other day and discovered Smart Sync around the same time, moved my DropBox folder to a drive that cannot hold all my files when set to local. Now I can't access my files except piecemeal. This is a major issue.

greentickback
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Lol status page says All Systems Operational

Yeah....nah.

WoundingPhantom
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Definately , Nah

Alexis G.1
Super User
Go to solution

@StPatty33 wrote:

Add me to the list. Just had a failed hard drive the other day and discovered Smart Sync around the same time, moved my DropBox folder to a drive that cannot hold all my files when set to local. Now I can't access my files except piecemeal. This is a major issue.

I agree this is a major issue. Don't know why Dropbox don't pusblish a bulletin or share an status page or something. Our phones don't stop ringing!

Alexis G.1
Super User
Go to solution

MS update KB4471324 updates Windows Kernel, Windows Storage and Filesystems & Windows auth. This update destroy smartsync operations. This is a major issue.

Tarakiwi
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I am having exactly the same issue.  Please advise me when it is fixed!

WoundingPhantom
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Issue doesn't present on a machine with the 62.4.103 Desktop client with MS update KB4471324 installed

Alexis G.1
Super User
Go to solution
I'm not near a PC now. Is 62.4.103 the last client or an old version?

WoundingPhantom
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

older current is 63.4.102.0

isk8ss
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same here. 

Need more support?