cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Sync not appearing on mac system preferences - Ver. 108.4.453

Smart Sync not appearing on mac system preferences - Ver. 108.4.453

DennisPub
New member | Level 2

Hey all, 

So I have a group of users who are signed up with Dropbox business, however not all of their machines are able to get smart sync working. They're all on MacBook Pro's, with OSX 10.15.6 (This is what we have them on until we can confirm Big Surs compatability with their current workflow and other business apps.). 

The main issue seems to be pretty common, I've set up the Dropbox multiple times and each time I still fail to get the prompt to allow/enable smart sync. Any ideas on what I should try next?

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

Re: Smart Sync not appearing on mac system preferences - Ver. 108.4.453

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hi there @DennisPub, let's see what we can find on this. 

Just to make sure that we're on the same page, is the desktop app actively running on the users' computers? 

If you could confirm if they are running the latest stable version of the desktop app (108.4.453), that would be really helpful as well. 

Also, when they right click on a file or folder, does the Smart Sync option not come up at all? 

Give me a nudge whenever you have the chance to check this out. Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?