cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Smart Sync not showing up

Smart Sync not showing up

bennchann
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

My PC previously installed the Dropbox with Smart Sync function, but recently after an update I have lost this function and I don't seem to see any on/off switch in preferences nor on the right click list on Dropbox folder. My mac however do still have this option. The version I have currently installed on the Windows is v87.4.138. Really appreciate some advice, thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey again @bennchann!

For the first error message that you showed there, can you check out Jay's reply here on another thread to see if that does the trick?

I'm thinking that resolving this should also fix the second error and issues with Smart Sync that you're having at the moment.

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @bennchann, thanks for reaching out to us here!

On your PC, is the current sync status of your desktop app showing it's "Up to date"?

Also, do you see other Dropbox options when you right click a file/folder within the Dropbox folder?

Let me know what you find!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

bennchann
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Daphne, 

Thanks for the quick reply, the sync status of the desktop app is showing Up to date and as for the Dropbox options when i right clock a folder within the Dropbox folder includes:

- Send with transfer
- Copy Dropbox Link
- Rewind
- View on Dropbox.com

I've also found out that within the Dropbox folder, there are some folders which I had previously Smart Sync-ed and they are showing a green tick on a white circle. While I right click on those folders, it has the Smart-Sync optionsbut the only option is to local. 

Dropbox1.png

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the screenshot @bennchann!

If you check your account settings page here, is "Dropbox system extension" towards the bottom of the page toggled on?

If it is, I'd suggest trying a basic reinstall (uninstall and reinstall) of the desktop app to see if this does the trick.

This won't affect the files currently synced to your desktop app, it will just replace the software itself.

Keep me posted on your findings!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

bennchann
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Daphne, 

"Dropbox system extension" had been toggled on previously, I have just tried to reinstall Dropbox and seem to have these two error popping up.dropboxproblem.JPG

problem2.png

Is there anyway I might be able to fix this ? Really appreciate the help, thanks!

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey again @bennchann!

For the first error message that you showed there, can you check out Jay's reply here on another thread to see if that does the trick?

I'm thinking that resolving this should also fix the second error and issues with Smart Sync that you're having at the moment.

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

bennchann
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Amazing! it worked, thank you so much for the help!

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I'm super happy to hear that @bennchann!

I'm always here if you need anything else, feel free to just give me a nudge.

Have a great day! :coffee:

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Philnyc
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Turns out I didn't need to reinstall. Just click your picture(initials)/preferences/sync/ you should see an enable smart sync link. On Mac had to go to security preferences and enable Dropbox to put in an extension.

Need more support?