cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Sync only included in Dropbox Pro?

Smart Sync only included in Dropbox Pro?

Bowler
New member | Level 2
Hello, I would like to know,
1. If the “Smart Sync” feature is only included in the Dropbox Pro version, or also in the Dropbox Business version? 
2. Can I link my FinalCutPro Projects with my Dropbox folder which is linked with smart sync (without taking space from my harddrive)?
1 Reply 1

Re: Smart Sync only included in Dropbox Pro?

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey there @Bowler, I'd be happy to help!

Smart Sync is available to Dropbox Plus, Family, Professional, and Business plans.

You can add any files you want in your Dropbox folder and, if you're connected to the internet and the desktop app is running, the files should sync to your Dropbox account. 

Once they've been successfully synced and the files get the green check-mark icon, you can set them as online-only. 

Note that if you want to edit them at any point in time after that, you'll have to set their Smart Sync setting as local. 

Let me know if you have any other questions, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?