cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Sync shows up twice in Explorer menus

Smart Sync shows up twice in Explorer menus

Andrew S.2
Helpful | Level 6

Smart Sync is shown twice in all Explorer menus on one of my 2 computers using Dropbox.

In addition, I have Local checked but none of the folders or files have the green checkmark on the filename icon.

This happens on one computer, not the other.  Same account, same files, same user (myself).

Is there a possibility of registry corruption, or something else?

I'd like to get this resolved.

Note: I wish that Dropbox devs would get rid of the term Smart Sync and the "Local" and "Offline only" and just call it "Sync" or "Do not sync" or something to indicate that it's either in both places or just online.  The terminology now is not clear.

1 Reply 1

Re: Smart Sync shows up twice in Explorer menus

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Andrew S.2, thanks for posting today!

Could you try rebooting the machine to see if this helps remove the second set of Smart Sync options?

Regarding your feedback, Local means the file has been fully synced, and takes up space on your machine, and Online-only means it doesn't.

If the options were as you mentioned, then it could be seen as to never sync the 'Do not sync' file, which isn't how Smart Sync works.

Keep me updated with any details on the reboot!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?