cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Our Community can help you set up and make Dropbox work for you. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Smart sync icons missing

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

This was a persistent problem for me. I tried quitting dropbox and relaunching, force quitting Finder, all the recommendations in this thread. What worked for me was to go to System Preferences -> Extensions and under Finder Extensions I had another app (in this case WhatsYourSign) that also had Finder Extensions clicked. So my recommendation would be to see if any other extensions have Finder Extensions turned on and turn them off.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

i can confirm that disabling the OneDrive extension was the solution on my end.  thank you!

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Well, for me OneDrive works fine but Beyond Compare extension was the problem...

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Dears 
I have the same problem 
the smart sync option does not exist at the menu when I Right-click any folder 
you can check the attached snap 
can any one help ?

Screenshot 2020-03-18 00.23.45.png

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @RomanyWelson, thanks for joining the discussion!

Could you try reinstalling the desktop app with admin permissions to see if that does the trick?

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

@RomanyWelson,

it's unfortunate that you're also receiving this issue... but just so you're aware, the previous messages within this thread are regarding MacOS integrations.

no worries, but just though you should know.  wasn't sure if you were aware of that and/or kept looking for a solution.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

This was a persistent problem for me this morning and nothing seemed to work.  Finally just logged out of Dropbox completely, downloaded the app again, re-installed and presto, the smart sync icons showed up after a brief sync, thankfully.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Well, looks like this is becoming a monthly routine - re-installing Dropbox so that the SmartSync icons appear.

If there's no other solution, perhaps Dropbox could include a reminder to do this.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Polls
Have you been keeping up good habits while working from home?
We've created a working from home cheat sheet to help keep up on those habits, check it out here.
Need more support?