cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartsync is experiencing an issue - windows 10

Smartsync is experiencing an issue - windows 10

simonhotherhans
Explorer | Level 3

At my company we have several users getting error message "Smartsync is experiencing an issue". When they get this message, the local/online only do not work, meaning that all folder chosen for selective sync is downloaded to the computer.

I have tried a lot of different things i hav found in this community or by Googling or asking Dropbox support. However none of it seem to have worked.

What i have found is:

If another user login to the dropbox on the same physical computer, this user do not seem to have the problem.

If i prepare a new computer for the user and they login to dropbox, the issue disappears.

In other words: Only working solution I got right now is giving the user a new computer. As this is time consuming I hope someone have some further hints to how to solve this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Smartsync is experiencing an issue - windows 10

Lusil
Dropboxer
Thanks for the prompt reply, @simonhotherhans!

In order to continue troubleshooting and due to account-sensitive info that’s required, I’d recommend moving this discussion to email. I’ve gone ahead and sent you an email to the email address associated with your Forum profile. Please make sure to check your inbox for my latest message. 

Cheers! :upside_down:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Pikamander2
Super User

Hi Simon, can you please list the solutions that you've tried? It'll be easier to suggest new solutions that way.

Here's an official document for fixing the problem, just in case you haven't seen it yet.

simonhotherhans
Explorer | Level 3

I have tried each step in the document you link to.

Beside that i Have tried disabling Lan sync in "Bandwidth" (I think i found that using Google).

I have tried uninstalling dropbox and also afterwards checking different locations for remaining files:

%appdata%

%localappdata%

%programfiles%

%Programfiles(x86)%

Also I have reinstalled dropbox (newest version) and also reinstalled, where i have tried having the user "disable" using smartsync (and then enabling again).

To my logic it seem that dropbox are doing some changes on the machine for one specific user - that would explain why other users can login to dropbox on the same machine without the error AND why the user can login to their dropbox on a different computer (in my example a newly installed computer.).

Lusil
Dropboxer

I also wanted to suggest giving the advanced re-install a go and see if that does the trick for you. Do keep in mind though, as the instructions in the article mention, do not launch the installer by right-clicking on the file and selecting Run as administrator. 

Let us know of any updates on the matter, and we’ll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Cheers! :innocent:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

simonhotherhans
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for the input, but actually have tried that - same result after reinstall.

Lusil
Dropboxer
Thanks for the prompt reply, @simonhotherhans!

In order to continue troubleshooting and due to account-sensitive info that’s required, I’d recommend moving this discussion to email. I’ve gone ahead and sent you an email to the email address associated with your Forum profile. Please make sure to check your inbox for my latest message. 

Cheers! :upside_down:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropboxer
    simonhotherhans Explorer | Level 3
    Pikamander2 Super User
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?