cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some photos or videos could not be imported

Some photos or videos could not be imported

damianamae
Explorer | Level 3

Until three days ago, I had no issues importing photos into Windows 10 from my iPhone SE. Now when I plug my phone into my computer, I get a new start screen that I haven't seen before and when I click to import, I get an error message saying "Some photos or videos could not be imported." Has something changed with the desktop app in the last few days?

I've updated my phone software, restarted my phone and my computer and the same thing keeps happening. I can force uploads from the app on my phone, but that's not a solution only a temporary workaround.

8 Replies 8

Re: Some photos or videos could not be imported

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @damianamae, that sounds like the default prompt when you connect a 'new' device to your computer and Dropbox detects that. If Autoplay isn't set to automatically import the images, and instead to open that page, then this is why you're seeing it now.

Have you taken any Live Photos on your iPhone recently? Are there are videos on the iPhone. What images or videos aren't copying over, do you know which ones they are and if there's anything in common with them?

Let me know what you find out!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

damianamae
Explorer | Level 3

Hi @Jay , thanks for replying.

That's the strange thing, I've had this phone for years. No update had happened between it working one day and then a few days later not uploading. I did get a new battery a week or two ago, but it had been uploading fine after that. Autoplay looks like it's fine, it says "Import photos and videos (Dropbox)" in the settings page.

No live photos, videos or animated gifs have been saved to my phone since before the issue started, and it looks like nothing new gets copied over at all. 

Thanks for your help, I really hope this can be figured out.

Jay
Dropboxer

Thanks for the info!

Could you try 'resetting' the camera upload preferences by doing the following:

• Click the Dropbox icon in the system tray at the bottom right of your screen and then click on the gear in the Notifications panel.
  • Select "Preferences".
  • In the window that appears, click on "Change AutoPlay Settings".
  • In the AutoPlay settings, scroll down and choose the camera you want to change settings for. It will likely have "Import pictures and video using Dropbox" as the default.
  • Click on the drop-down menu and choose "Ask me every time" or choose a different application for importing.
  • Apply changes
  • Then choose Dropbox again, and apply the settings again.

If that doesn't work, try uninstalling the app, and then reinstalling it.

Keep me posted!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

damianamae
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, neither worked. I'm still getting the same error message. I'll try reinstalling again after work to see if that helps. Do you have any other suggestions?

Jay
Dropboxer

If it doesn't work the next time you uninstall and reinstall it, let me know if it's okay to contact you at the email associated with your forum profile, in order to investigate this matter further!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

damianamae
Explorer | Level 3

Sadly, it still isn't working.

Yes, that is the best email to use. Thank you for your continued help.

Jay
Dropboxer

No worries, you should have an email from us now, and we'll troubleshoot from there on!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey there @damianamae

I just wanted to check back with you and ask if you were able to resolve your concern in the end. If so, could you let us know what steps you followed to do this? 

Thanks in advance! :grin:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?