cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some tray icon menú functionality not working when libappindicator is installed

Some tray icon menú functionality not working when libappindicator is installed

asadrs85
New member | Level 2

Hello, I am using Plasma DE in an Ubuntu Focal based distribution.

When I install Dropbox everything works fine except the fact that the Dropbox system tray icons used by the app are the default PNGs.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/askz40jh8420nad/sin_libappindicator3-1.png?raw=1

I'd like to use the ones provided by the theme, so I installed the libappindicator3-1 package, great! Dropbox is now using the icon provided by the theme but ... now I can't see the "Recently Modified Files" and "Repeat Notifications" options, a little black dot appears when I try to display these menus.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mu890eadnt5ormf/libappindicator3-1.png?raw=1 

This only happens when libappindicator3-1 is installed. Can I do something to correct this behavior by keeping the icon provided by the theme?

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

Re: Some tray icon menú functionality not working when libappindicator is installed

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hi there @asadrs85, thanks for reaching out to us. 

As a first step, could you just double-check if your OS meets the minimum requirements, especially in regards to the desktop environment, to run the desktop app?

If it does, could you try a simple reinstall of the desktop app? Maybe that will do the trick. 

Let me know how it goes, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?