cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone accessed my account through Canva. Has my account been breached?

Someone accessed my account through Canva. Has my account been breached?

Babe Mooney
Explorer | Level 3

Someone else is able to access my dropbox via her Canva account.  I have no idea how or why this is happening. AND does that mean others can also access my dropbox via Canva?  How can I contact a live person to help me get this fixed?

20 Replies 20

Babe Mooney
Explorer | Level 3

No Lusil, that is not what happened.  What this quick video to see what happened.

https://www.loom.com/share/87fd786eb599437ea1e67bec0ed6babc

Babe Mooney
Explorer | Level 3

Also, Lusil,  When I try to access the app I get this message.  

The folder “Dropbox (Personal)” can’t be opened because you don’t have permission to see its contents.

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
When you open the "Get info" window for the folder @Babe Mooney, can you try clicking the lock icon in the bottom right of the window?

This will prompt you to enter your computer's admin username and password, and then can you try changing your permissions to read and write?

You'll need to click the lock icon again after doing this to save the changes.

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Babe Mooney
Explorer | Level 3

I'm sorry, I do not understand where to find the Get info window and where to find the  folder @Babe Mooney,

I don't think I have an @Babe Mooney folder. Are you able to do a loom video showing this. 

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
From the previous recording, you were showing the "Get info" window for the Dropbox (personal) folder, which is what I'm referring to there @Babe Mooney, apologies for the confusion.

Just to clarify, you can navigate to the Dropbox folder, right click and choose "Get info" from there, so that we can try and correct the permissions for this folder.

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Babe Mooney
Explorer | Level 3

Yippie, that worked and I have access.  Now I want to uninstall the app. So I can reinstall it connected to my new account. Is there anything that I need to know before doing that? 

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
You would need to first unlink your account from this device, which you can do by following these steps, @Babe Mooney.

Once you've unlinked the account, you won't need to reinstall the app, since you can simply sign in with the new account instead.

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Babe Mooney
Explorer | Level 3

OMG, I think I finally have it completed.  But Dropbox is trying to charge me,  I thought the Basic plan was free. 

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
The Basic plan is indeed free to use, so if you're being prompted to upgrade, are you possible at or over the space limit for the free account (2GB)?

Could you send me a screenshot of the upgrade prompt you're seeing?

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Babe Mooney
Explorer | Level 3

Yep it was a space limit issue. So I deleted files and all is good now. 

Thanks for your help. Whew, I think I"m done now. 

Babe Mooney

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Daphne Dropbox Staff
    Babe Mooney Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?