cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something Went Wrong - Error after new install

Something Went Wrong - Error after new install

BobbyM1980
New member | Level 2

Hi,

I reinstalled Dropbox on my computer as there was isses witht eh date and time. Have fixed that with revising the no proxy item.

Comes up saying it is ready to be linked to an account - when I click on link to sign in I get this.

Error.png

Any help appreicated

Cheers,

Rob

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Something Went Wrong - Error after new install

gradywright
New member | Level 2

I uninstalled Dropbox and deleted the ~/.dropbox directory, then I logged in to my Dropbox account through Safari, selected the "smiley face" icon in the upper right corner and then selected the "Install" option there.  I followed the installation instructions and was then able to link to my account.  All is working now.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey Rob( @BobbyM1980) - Welcome to the Dropbox Forum! 

Can you give our offline installer a go and let me know if you still get this error message? 

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

gradywright
New member | Level 2

I'm having the same issue on my Mac.  I tried the offline installer (Mac version) and this did not help at all.

gradywright
New member | Level 2

I uninstalled Dropbox and deleted the ~/.dropbox directory, then I logged in to my Dropbox account through Safari, selected the "smiley face" icon in the upper right corner and then selected the "Install" option there.  I followed the installation instructions and was then able to link to my account.  All is working now.

Walter
Dropboxer

Thanks for the update @gradywright - glad to hear that worked for you. 

Feel free to reach out again should you come up with any issue or questions related to Dropbox and we'll be happy to help. 

Thanks again for keeping me posted and welcome to our Community Grady!

[I edited my last reply since you had already provided with an update on your case]

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

RuchSiro
Explorer | Level 3

I have also tried installing Dropbox using online as well as offline installer but this message keeps popping up. Have been using Dropbox of the past 6 years and have never encountered this problem before. Had to reinstall my Win 10 Home and now this error seems to be a permanent message. Please help. Have tried removing all folders for Appdata and then unistalling and reinstalling. 

Walter
Dropboxer

Sorry to hear about this @RuchSiro - let's take a look now!

At first, could you ensure that there's no antivirus, firewalls or even VPN/proxy settings that could be causing this?

On a side note, are there any pending updates for your computer's OS perchance? 

Let me know what you find and if you could, please confirm that you've also attempted a clean, advanced re-install.

Thanks!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
    RuchSiro Explorer | Level 3
    gradywright New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?