cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spontaneous launch

Spontaneous launch

JFDragonaccount
New member | Level 2

Hi guys,

Today was the second time my Dropbox Desktop App launched without any apparent reason. I wasn't using actively my laptop or touching it and the Dropbox app launched all of a sudden. Any idea what could cause this?

Background:

Windows 10, Ccleaner app disables Dropbox on launch. Plan Dropbox Plus - 2TB.
Usually when I use Dropbox: I need to mount my encrypted drive first to create the drive Dropbox is using. Then I launch the desktop app. When the drive is unmounted (because I forget to), I get a message on launch that the linked drive can't be found (Dropbox folder doesn't exist or something). The app then asks me to Unlink or Exit. 

Anyway, just now the app launched and told me he couldn't find the linked drive. What could cause the app to launch unprovoked? I wasn't working on my laptop. I only had a few Chrome tabs open with sites like Reddit, IMDB and maybe 1 or 2 news sites. I hadn't performed any action in at least 15-20 minutes. Suggestions welcome

1 Reply 1

Re: Spontaneous launch

Kisekira
New member | Level 2

Usually reinstalling Dropbox fixes similar issues. But have you checked if it has something to do with your firewall?

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?