cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Starred function suddenly gone in iOS 10.2

Explorer | Level 4

Greetings,

The starred function suddenly disappeared for me on iOS 10.2 using the latest Dropbox App.

It was working fine but now it's gone and I have no idea why.

Anyone knows if there is a setting or something that can hide this feature?

Thanks! 

5148a8ddbf05f41b4307e1d191de8fb4.png

drop.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Starred function suddenly gone in iOS 10.2

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there, 

Thanks for noticing this change, and sorry if it causes any inconvience, this is a temporary change while we fine-tune the Home tab. For the moment, users will notice that we've turned off Starred, but we will turn it back on. I can't give you an exact timeframe but we would hope it's not away for too long! Keep an eye out over the next few days for its return.

Appologies we had no way to notify you in-app about this temporary change.

We know it's a great feature and Starred will be back shortly!

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16
Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4
I'd just like to star some files and folders on iPhone please 🙃 Hope this bug can be fixed!
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there, 

Thanks for noticing this change, and sorry if it causes any inconvience, this is a temporary change while we fine-tune the Home tab. For the moment, users will notice that we've turned off Starred, but we will turn it back on. I can't give you an exact timeframe but we would hope it's not away for too long! Keep an eye out over the next few days for its return.

Appologies we had no way to notify you in-app about this temporary change.

We know it's a great feature and Starred will be back shortly!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

While your answer is at least a helpful explaination and means I no longer have to waste time trying to figure out what I might have done wrong to make the new Home tab and 'Hide Recents' and 'Star' options mysteriously disappear from the user settings, it is simply not true that you could not have advised users of the need to temporarily withdraw this function. Why wasn't it mentioned in the update information provided with every update notification? I've chased my tail for the past two days trying to resolve this mystery. Scorecard? Needs to do better.

Highlighted

Warum werden mir Dateien nicht angezeigt?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hallo Community

Ich habe einige wichtige Dokumente unter Favoriten abgelegt. Wenn ich am PC mit Dropbox arbeite, werden mir diese Favoriten gleich oben angezeigt.

Beim Iphone war es zu Beginn auch so, doch auf einmal werden dort die Favoriten nicht mehr angezeigt. Wenn ich die Auslassungspunkte (...) anwähle, kann ich die Datei nur noch exportiern, als scan speichern, offline verfügbar machen, umbenennen, verschieben oder kopieren, jedoch nicht mehr als Favoriten markieren. Ich habe die App bereits deinstalliert und wieder neu aufgespielt, hat nichts gebracht. Irgend jemand eine Idee? Ich bin darauf angewiesen, die Favoriten auch via Iphone sehen und bearbeiten zu können.

Danke

Highlighted

New Home Screen disappeared in IOS

Explorer | Level 4

After updating my iPhone, the new home screen displayed but today I noticed it was gone; I then went to my iPad, also running the latest version of Dropbox, and it's not there either. Any ideas what's going on?

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
Just wondering if there’s any updates on when this feature will be available again. I really liked it!
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Unfortunately, this is not yet ready for a return.

I'm aware I used the words "back shortly" in my first answer. We want the user experience to be the best it can be.

We still plan for this to return, sorry I can't give an exact time at this point.
Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4
Thanks for the update. Many of us are keenly awaiting the return of these briefly introduced functions. In particular, the option to clear the recent files list had been requested again and again over the years. It was a profound disappointment that when finally introduced, it was summarily withdrawn in the next so-called “update”. I sincerely do hope the development team is genuinely engaged in this, and that users are not being placated with just convenient generalisations.
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
thanks @mgreernz,
Don't worry my words are genuine, we're still working on this!

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?