cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Start Dropbox Passwords Minimized

Highlighted

Start Dropbox Passwords Minimized

Helpful | Level 5

If I set the Dropbox Passwords program to start automatically at system startup on my Mac, is there a way to have it just minimize to the tray like the main Dropbox program does?  I want the integration with my browser to work, so I have to have the program open, but needlessly having to minimize it each time the sytem starts seems like an oversight.

I tried adding it to my login items and hiding it, however the program seems to ignore this request and it stil starts as a full size program. 

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hey there @Babraham, thanks for dropping by. 

Although I'm not familiar with a specific process that you can follow for this at the moment, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on using Dropbox Passwords. 

If you have any other questions or issues along the way, don't hesitate to give us another shout. 

Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

I want to ask this as well. This needs to be implemented into an update soon. There should be an option to minimize Dropbox Passwords to the system tray or taskbar so that it doesn't pop up everytime you log into Windows.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

I have the same question. I have even disabled Dropbox passwords from the startup apps, but it still automatically loads and opens the full-size window on startup. 

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for the feedback on this matter, @LDale.

If you wish, you can suggest this change for others to vote on, so the dev team can look into this in future!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Seriously this is SUCH an annoying issue that I'm thinking of uninstalling Dropbox Passwords completely.  The only application that opens maximised when Windows starts up.  Ridiculous!

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?