cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Problem

Storage Problem

lakinbrant
New member | Level 2

Hello! I recently got a dropbox account but it immediately said my storage is full before I could even do anything. How can I get rid of my files without them deleting off my computer? 

Tell them that you just opened your free account, that you haven’t added anything to the folders, and that you have been shared a folder in another account that is less than 5 MB in size but that you are getting the message that you don’t have sufficient space to access the folder.  I did attempt to work with Dropbox to see what the problem was, but they need to see your account in order to diagnose.

1 Reply 1

Re: Storage Problem

Lori
Dropboxer

Hey @lakinbrant , thanks for posting your question here! 

Do you mind checking your plan's page here, and let me know what you see regarding your account's quota? 

Keep in mind that on this page, you should be able to see what's taking up space in your account.

Let me know what you find.

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lori Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?