cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Strangely Specific Can't Preview Error

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I've seen the past "This file can't be previewed" threads. About problems with all files of a specific type or all files in a specific browser.

But my problem is strangely narrow. All of my uploads are screenshots. They're all from my Android phone and they're all PNG files. I view them all in my Chrome browser on my Windows 8.1 Desktop PC.

I've never had trouble viewing them. In fact, I can view ALL of them, as I always have, through April 15th.

Since then, I can see the thumbnails of all of the photos, I can download them and move them, but when I click on any of them they all say "This file can't be previewed." Even MORE specifically, I can view all PNGs uploaded before 11:20 PM on April 15th. Everything after that won't load.

I tried clicking on Version History of a couple of the photos and it shows a history of one since I made no changes. More to the point, when I click on the Version History filename, the picture loads! The exact same file on Dropbox can be previewed via Version History but somehow can't be on the main page... for photos after 11:20 PM on April 15th.

What is happening?? Nothing has changed.

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Strangely Specific Can't Preview Error

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
We’ll need to have a closer look at this through our support system, so I’ve asked one of our support agents to reach out to you via email at the address associated with you forum profile. 

Have a look for that, and get back to them when you can. 

Thanks! 

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I'm having the same issue with PNG files uploaded from my iPhone, though I haven't noticed any sort of date restriction. Can you let me know if a fix is found for this? Thanks

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Gettin' there. Attempting to video record my screen to show the exact issue per support instructions, but it is failing to record. Will certainly update if I get a solution.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?