cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggling withdisabling Dropbox backup

Struggling withdisabling Dropbox backup

Frustratedandwanttodelete
New member | Level 2

I've seen numerous articles instructing people to click on Dropbox on your taskbar, select preferences and click Manage in Backups. There is no Manage option in Backup. I've tried to click on "Automatically Back Up ..." "Set up" But it won't allow me to uncheck all the boxes and save these changes. The Set Up button on that page greys out and I can't click on it. Whenever I press the Set Up button again all the files are ticked once more so I can never be sure Dropbox isn't going to sync.

All of this is coming up because Dropbox keeps trying to backup my iPhone everytime i plug it into my PC. This is even after I set it to "Don't Import". Even after turning off Dropbox manually it automatically starts back up and does it again, like a virus. I am at the point of uninstalling dropbox.Dropbox1.pngDropbox2.pngDropbox 3.png

1 Reply 1

Re: Struggling withdisabling Dropbox backup

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hello there @Frustratedandwanttodelete, thanks for reaching out to us here!

From your screenshots, this backup option is related to backing up your computer folders, rather than the camera uploads option when connecting a device to the computer.

Can you let me know if you have disabled the camera uploads option under the Backups tab, instead of the first option within the Backup tab?

If possible, please send me a screenshot of what you see there too.

Looking forward to your reply!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?