cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck at "Waiting to be linked to a dropbox account"

Stuck at "Waiting to be linked to a dropbox account"

artisticco
New member | Level 2

My dropbox desktop app was running fine until yesterday when suddenly nothing was synced.

So, I uninstalled and reinstalled dropbox and now, it's stuck at "waiting to be linked to a dropbox account".

I searched the few solutions posted here in the forum and the problem still persists.

The strange thing is I tried to login with a different dropbox account and it worked. This somehow makes me think that it's not an installation problem?

Any helps would be appreciated.

4 Replies 4

Re: Stuck at "Waiting to be linked to a dropbox account"

Not applicable

Hello @artisticco 

I found a past Dropbox Forum post at https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-installs-integrations/Waiting-to-be-linked-to-a-Dropbox-acco... that should help you with this problem. Please follow the steps as provided in the Accepted Solution. I hope this helps!

-----

HeartDid this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark:Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise:Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

artisticco
New member | Level 2

Thank you! I have tried that to no avail.

When I tried with another Dropbox account, somehow, it was able to connect. That's the part that makes me wonder if this is not the connection issue?

Not applicable

Hello again @artisticco 

When you sign back into your Dropbox Account it should automatically link the device/app. Also do you have a Basic account? If so you have a maximum of three devices that can be linked to your account at one time. To learn more about Linking and Unlinking Dropbox to or from a device go to https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/settings-sign-in/unlink-relink-computer-mobile. If the problem persists contact support at https://www.dropbox.com/support. I hope this helps!

-----

HeartDid this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark:Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise:Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

artisticco
New member | Level 2

Thank you!

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?