cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck on downloading file list

Stuck on downloading file list

Daniel C.20
New member | Level 1

I've just reinstalled my Laptop with a fresh install of Windows 10.  Dropbox installed and linked to my account fine but it's stuck in a loop "Downloading File List....".  So I thought it was the laptop install and used a second Dropbox account and that worked fine.

So I thought maybe I have too many files (stupid I know) so I went to a machine that already has a working version of Dropbox on it and thought I'd clear it out.  When I went to Selective Sync to enable the Camera Uploads folder, which is where most of my content is, so I could clear it out.  That is also stuck on the "Downloading File List..." 

The syncing on the two machines that I have dropbox installed and running on is working fine.

Any ideas how I can solve the problem?

10 Replies 10

Re: Stuck on downloading file list

Daniel C.20
New member | Level 1

I've installed Dropbox on the fresh Ubuntu client that has exactly the same issues.  So it's definitely 100% account related.

Tim M.
Collaborator | Level 9

I am having this same exact issue at the moment. I did receive a reply from support that it may be related to having symlinks inside of my Dropbox folder, but I do not have any. I'm hoping that they can figure out something before the end of the business day today.. let me know if you find out anything. 

Daniel C.20
New member | Level 1

No response on twitter. But they've replied other tweets. No symlinks on my account either.

Stuart A.6
New member | Level 1

Not happy either. Have emailed and tweeted. Even tried to get The Register involved! Getting rather hacked off as lost all day today due to this.

Tim M.
Collaborator | Level 9

You're seeing the same issue as well, Stuart? This started yesterday afternoon for me. I depend on Dropbox for A LOT and truly believe that they are the best service of their type on the market, but this issue is very disheartening...

Jonathan C.23
Dropboxer

Hi,

Thanks for the reports. I investigated, and it looks like a recent server side change degraded performance for the initial download of the file list for a small fraction of users with old accounts. We just pushed out a fix for this, and your accounts should naturally recover from this state within 15-30 minutes.

Tim M.
Collaborator | Level 9

Excellent! I was hoping something like this was the case. Thank you very much for getting it taken care of. I can confirm that everything seems to be working correctly again. 

As a hobbyist developer and sysadmin, I get kinda annoyed when I can't fix my own problems, haha. Count me in as still being a long-time Dropbox fanboy. 

alastair c.1
New member | Level 1

This seems to be the issue in dec - i'm having the same problem now, any thoughts? Also does anyone know how to contact support?

Muzaffer A.
New member | Level 1

I'm having the same issue. Started today.

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Swaminathan V. New member | Level 1
    Muzaffer A. New member | Level 1
    alastair c.1 New member | Level 1
    Tim M. Collaborator | Level 9
    Jonathan C.23 Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?