cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck on "upgrading dropbox"

Stuck on "upgrading dropbox"

Martin T.1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

As of today Dropbox is permanently stuck on "upgrading Dropbox". I'm running Dropbox in Linux. I've found references to such error messages a good while back by Googling, but no simple fix.

31 Replies 31

danielbradley
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Davewiner:

Did you do the:

./dropbox.py update

If you just do the stop and start, Dropbox will at least sync, but at some point in the near future it will try to do the update again, and if you haven't installed all the missing dependencies as described above, the update will fail again.

Please review my original post from 3 weeks ago where I give the full list of libraries that need to be installed.

Have you installed all of those along with libatomic1?

Please note that, unless you have changed the configuration of 'apt', anything you install using 'apt' is from the official Ubuntu packages.

Cheers,

Daniel.

davewiner
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Daniel, thanks so much for your help. I'm going through my servers one at a time, and running the commands in your message from three weeks ago.

I didn't know about the dropbox update command. And in fact at least one of my servers doesn't have it. Must be a relatively recent addition.

Any tips on what to do for those? Go back to the beginning and install dropbox?

Will report as I make progress. Also will put up a blog post on scripting.com about this, to leave a trail for others, of course with a pointer to this thread.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

davewiner Explorer | Level 3
    danielbradley New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?