Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Stuttering performance on new iPad Pro

Helpful | Level 5

Anyone seeing a Lower performance on the iPad app on the iPad Pro running the law to the iOS update?

Scrolling on the left side bar up and down or between images on the main view left and right seems to stutter or have low frame rate. Everywhere else on the iPad the performance isn't as bad and stuff moves or scrolls smoothly. Pinch to zoom also has the same stutter as well. Even documents experience the same stutter. I tried it on stuff I have saved offline too. Seems to be app wide.

I compared it to the Google Photos and iPad default Photos apps and those scroll and zoom very smoothly.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Stuttering performance on new iPad Pro

Helpful | Level 5

The stuttering didn't go away at first with killing the app and reloading it. It went away after I restarted the iPad. I haven't seen it come up again.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II
Probably unrelated but I'll mention it anyway. I have an iPhone 7 Plus on iOS 11.2. I was in Settings scrolling through the list of applications and the amount of storage each was using, and it was stuttering pretty bad. Once I hit the bottom of the page and all apps were updated, scrolling was smooth again.

I realize this had nothing to do with Dropbox, but thought the stuttering might be an iOS 11 thing since it never happened previously. Might be worth considering.
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
@SailorofFortune, welcome to our community! 
Is this still occurring? If so, and if it involves our app, please write in to our support team for further investigation.
Thanks

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

The stuttering didn't go away at first with killing the app and reloading it. It went away after I restarted the iPad. I haven't seen it come up again.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @SailorofFortune, thanks for coming back and letting us know what worked for you. 
Would you mind taking a minute of your time to fill out a survey sharing your experience using our Dropbox Community? You can access the survey here: http://bit.ly/2lNKIxT
Thank you!

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here]

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?