cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly, trouble uploading from iPad.

Suddenly, trouble uploading from iPad.

steve t.5
Collaborator | Level 9

Since I upgraded my iPad to iOS 13 uploading photos to DropBox is all but impossible. Using the conventional sequence--selecting the photo, hitting the "share" arrow, etc.--gets me to a new, small window where I have to title the photo and select a destination. But then the "upload" button becomes gray and I can't do anything. 

Suggestions??

11 Replies 11

Re: Suddenly, trouble uploading from iPad.

steve t.5
Collaborator | Level 9

Aaaaand....I figured it out. Scroll down to the new "post" tab, which is hidden for some reason. 

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey there @steve t.5

Thanks for keeping us in the loop on this. Awesome work on the troubleshooting!

If anything else comes up or you have any other questions, just give us a shout. In the meantime, have a lovely day ahead!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Midsister
Helpful | Level 5

But, for me, the new "post" tab is not working. The document will not upload and I get a message that says to check my internet connection or refresh page. This is a problem that started after "upgrade" to iOS13

Midsister
Helpful | Level 5

I am having the same problem with uploading files after iPad upgrade to iOS13. But rather solution identified by Steve t.5 is not working - I get an error box that says document cannot upload please check my internet connection or refresh page. 

steve t.5
Collaborator | Level 9

Make sure you're using the correct tab. On you iPad(or iPhone), pick a photo to upload. Hit that little arrow icon. Then SCROLL DOWN and you'll see a list of options that looks like this:

Copy photo

Add to shared album

Add to album.....

etc., etc. 

Toward the bottom of that list you'll see "Save to DropBox". Hit THAT tab and you'll be on your way. It's easy to overlook, and I don't know why the brains at Apple did this. 

Midsister
Helpful | Level 5

Agreed that change is stupid but what you're describing is what I'm trying to do and it is still not working. Here is screen shot - 
2C7AEE26-0146-4B40-B375-6CB10FA1C7E3.jpeg

steve t.5
Collaborator | Level 9

I haven't gotten that message yet. Can't explain it. Are you trying to save a large file? Try a single-page document.

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey @Midsister, thanks for checking in with us. 

I just wanted to ask if you've had the chance to check out @steve t.5's suggestion. Are you still having trouble with this?

Let us know of any updates!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Midsister
Helpful | Level 5

Thank you for checking.  I did follow-up on the suggestion to try a smaller file and it worked, however the original file I was opening was not all that large but still doesn't work.

I working on a doctoral dissertation and using Dropbox to organize all my reference material.  A 50 page PDF (an larger) has not been an issue in the past.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Bigdog69 New member | Level 2
    Lusil Dropboxer
    Midsister Helpful | Level 5
    steve t.5 Collaborator | Level 9
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?